Gluten Free Chocolate Chip MuffinMay 20, 2017
Gluten Free Fonio WaffleMay 20, 2017
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
- 1 cup Lanfala fonio flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- Tomato relish
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees F. Get out a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, milk and oil until frothy.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball and transfer it to a parchment paper-lined work surface. Top with another piece of parchment paper and roll the dough about 1/4-inch thick. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and slide the crust, with its parchment, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the crust for 5 to 10 minutes, until the edges have started to crisp and the crust has started to brown all over.
- Top the partially baked crust with your desired toppings, and return it to the oven. Bake for another 12 to 15 minutes, until any cheese has melted and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and your gluten free fonio based pizza is ready to be served.