Breakfast Fonio with Coconut MilkMay 27, 2016
Lettuce Fonio SaladMay 27, 2016
Total time: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup fonio
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the fonio and 1 cup water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once you have strong bubble action, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Check occasionally and stir to make sure no fonio is burning at the bottom of the pan. Take the saucepan off the heat, transfer the fonio to a medium mixing bowl, and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the fonio is cooling, add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Using your hands or a spoon, mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and well combined.
- Shape the meat mixture into balls that are a little smaller than a golf ball. Place them in even rows on the lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in the oven and cook the meatballs until they’re slightly browned and crispy on top, 15 to 20 minutes.